Occupational Therapist Job Summary:
MGA Homecare is seeking an Occupational Therapist to support in-home cases in Austin and surround areas! Our therapists work hard with each pediatric patient to improve arm/hand strength, range of motion, fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Our therapists also have the rewarding experience of helping each child become more independent with self-care skills, while also addressing patient's sensory concerns such as over-sensitivity or inappropriate response to their sensory environment. At MGA Homecare, it's our goal to help our pediatric patients, however we can, to function at their best and feel their best. This is why we're seeking exceptional therapists who are just as enthusiastic and passionate about this goal as we are!
Along with the satisfaction of helping children in need, as an MGA Occupational Therapist you'll receive:
- Complete autonomy over treatment times and locations (work where/when you want!)
- Competitive weekly pay based on visits completed each week
- Personal tablet for EHR system (no paper charting!)
- 24/7 on-call support from your MGA team!
- Provide individual patient services and determines needs for occupational therapy
- Assess potential for rehabilitation and evaluation of the home environment
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluate patient progress and revisit the plan of care as necessary
- Instruct family, caregivers, and other personnel on phases of Occupational Therapy as well as use and care of therapeutic devices
- Maintains communication regarding patient status with the physician
- Record and submit clinical notes regarding patient evaluation and progress
What we are looking for:
- A pediatric OT with home care experience preferred but not necessary
- A graduate of an accredited master or doctorate program in Occupational Therapy with an active OT license
- Current driver's license and valid insurance
- Bilingual a plus!
- Availability to work with patients after school hours